Friday, March 12, 2010

Time To Reset

I blew through my last $30 on Full Tilt last night in one hand on a super-turbo SnG. Once I looked at the $0.64 left in my account, I decided I wasn't going to reload until April.

But I'll still be in BloodyP's Benefit for Anna tournament on Monday night though (Full Tilt, $5+$5). I signed up for that a couple days ago.

But why no reload? Because I don't deserve to. I've been generally playing like ass and counting on luck. Why blow through another reload when I don't actually crave winning? Playing as something to do is just stupid. Instead I'll use the money for things I'll actually enjoy and care about.

It's not that I don't still enjoy poker, but I just haven't had the desire to set aside the time and focus to play properly. This leads to turbos and hyper-turbos and rush poker, and other avenues that rely more on luck than skill. And while I won't argue that I have more luck than your average bear, I'd like to think I have some modicum of ability as well. If I'm not going to apply it, then why bother?

So I'll play in the the charity game on Monday. I may toss in some FTPs once or twice. I expect I'll see some rakeback and a deposit from that little ad on the side there as well, so it's not like I won't have SOMETHING in the account. I'm just not going to actively contribute to it until Easter. No, this has nothing to do with Lent. I gave up giving up stuff for that a looooong time ago.

And when I finally do pull out the ol' card again, I think I'll attempt to stick to games that actually involve decisions beyond push-or-fold.

Now to go blow through my Stars account. Then Bodog. Then Mansion. I don't think I have anything on Absolute anymore...

Actually, first I'm going to go drop a reload on a craps table this weekend.

No comments: