Thursday, February 25, 2010

One Serving of Pudding

One of my earliest favourite recipes was microwave chocolate pudding. It was fairly easy, kinda cool to watch cook, and tasty. Plus - chocolate pudding in a matter of minutes. What's not to like?

I had the recipe written down on a round piece of paper that I tore off an old giant drawing pad I had on my desk when I was a kid. Every time I thought I'd lost it, it would pop up again. I can't remember the last time I saw it.

So I looked online, and lo and behold found the recipe again. Or at least one so similar that it might as well have been it.

And I reduced it to a single serving.

4 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cocoa (cocao, not hot chocolate mix)
2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt

1/2 cup milk

1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp butter

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.

Add a splash of the milk and stir, creating a paste. Add more milk if needed, stirring until you have a generally smooth paste.

Slowly add the rest of the milk, stirring as you go. It should look like chocolate milk when you're done.

Put in the microwave, cook for 30 seconds on high. Stir. Cook another 30 seconds. Stir. One shot at 30 seconds.

Quickly add the butter and vanilla, and stir until combined and smooth.

Let cool a few minutes until skin forms. Or until cool if you don't want warm pudding.

Done!

You can also add mint extract for mint chocolate pudding, or any flavour extract you may have and like with chocolate. Raspberry, orange, banana, cinnamon, etc..

There, now it'll be easier for me to find.

No comments: