Tuesday, September 05, 2006

2+2=3rd Ace on the River

Played in the Hoy/MATH/whatever-you-want-to-call-it last night. Went out 6th of 13... which actually isn't too bad considering the field these things attract and the level of play when the numbers are small. I think I played pretty well. Pretty standard beat for me, where I made the right read, and then got nailed by the river. K9o on the button, NewinNov (rapidly becoming my poker nemesis) in the SB. No action before me pre-flop, so I raise 3x the BB. NewinNov calls. Flop comes all clubs (I'm red), with a 9 and an A high. New checks... I think and do the same. Turn comes Kh, and I'm pretty sure I've got it. New asks "slowplaying?" I don't answer. He bets around 2/3 of the pot, I think, and I raise all-in. He calls as I type "nope" in the box. He flips over A6o for the pair of Aces vs my two pair. Sure enough, A comes on the river and out I am. To make matters worse? He bubbled! He takes all my chips and doesn't get any money for it... for shame. That said, he did seem to feel kinda bad for knocking me out that way.

Anyway, WWdN: Astin Invitational tonight. Guess I've got to show up for a tournament named after me. Let's see if I can improve on my 2nd place finish from last week.

No comments: