Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting Back in the Groove

Played in the Stars $70k last night. Sometimes decisions are made for you.

It was 10pm. I hadn't been at the keyboard all day, and had been meaning to play an MTT all weekend. It had been awhile.

I have about $2 on Full Tilt, and feel little motivation to reload immediately.

I have more on Bodog, and have actually been winning money in their $25 NL cash games, but do I ever hate that software. Every time I play I find something new I dislike. Plus, their tournaments are dead.

So while I had yet another cash game going on the 'dog, I decided to open the Stars client for the first time in a while. I recalled having reloaded a bit a while back. A lo! I had money there.

And the $70k was 30 minutes into late registration. Why the hell not?

And I cashed. It wasn't big, 91st, with 216 paying, for just under double the buy-in. But it felt good to effortlessly go through a game, and not sweat my decisions. I had closed the Bodog window an hour or so in. I turned off the TV towards the end, and I eventually just focused on the game. It was the first time I'd felt anywhere near the Zone for a long, long time. It was a good feeling.

Now to plug the holes I saw last night.

Is burnout finally subsiding? Is the anticipation of the Winter Gathering causing renewed interest? Perhaps. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

BamBam said...

I only watched someone sit down to the BoDog experience and I had a list a mile long of no-no's.

BWoP said...

How many times did you get pocket aces?

Astin said...

Bam - Just a terrible client from top to bottom.

BWoP - Once, won the blinds. Cowboys paid a couple visits though, as did the Hilton Sisters. The big winners were all the inside straight draws I hit on the river. :)