Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Well, I was going to post the hand... but naw. Nobody wants to hear a bad beat story. Let alone a drawn-out one. So here's a short one :)

All-in, set of 3's on the flop. Board pairs 5's on the turn (full boat)... board TRIPS 5's on the river, pocket 9's out-boats me. I go home 41st in the DADI re-buy. Nice Hand 23skidoo... vengeance will be mine!

Oh look, he posted the hand on his blog. What a jerk :). Naw, I've got no hard feelings towards anyone who isn't an ass when they whup me. Here's hoping he can do something good with my chips.

**Update: He went out in 20th, but my chips lived on, and eventually won! (think about that for a second).

I take solace in the fact that I had ZERO re-buys. I figured I'd give the "don't re-buy right away" philosophy, and it worked out well, as I was 2nd in chips at the break (around 16,500 or an M of about 73). I did do the add-on.. so grand total in this one was $10.50... far less than the $50+ some people put in. Overall, it was one of the most fun events I've played in.

No comments: