Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Same as it Ever Was

Ok, I truly dislike the new Blogger. Doesn't work with my Avant plug-in, also doesn't work with IE 6.. at least not at my work. (Yah, yah.. I should be working).

Regardless... there's posting to be done.

Been over 2 weeks since I've been able to play I think. Maybe got one game in (CC's perhaps?). Big computer problems (seemingly ongoing, but that's another rant), trip preps, and a week in Israel can do that. But breaks are good, and have traditionally resulted in my results improving. Apparently this is not the case this time around.

Logged onto Stars to discover that the WSOP satellites are back. Sweet. So I fired up a $16 turbo double-shootout to Sunday's qualifier. I like these, but I'm not sure why. It's probably the challenge of winning not once, but twice in a row. At my first table, I fought back from being the very bottom of the heap (and 2nd last in the whole game) to a sizeable chip lead to get heads up against a guy who by all rights should have been knocked out 7 times already but kept getting lucky. He continued his streak by eventually knocking me out. I believe the last hand saw him turn a full house with unconnected cards vs my pocket pair.

So I went on to the MATH. I should note I also had the last two episode of Heroes (not concurrently) playing alongside the game as I missed last week's. I was far more interested in the show than the game, but still managed to catch when I needed to and make the final table. From there I once AGAIN bubbled in the Hoy. I think that makes 3 or 4 in a row, and at least 5 or 6 total. Obviously, the bubble is where I'm meant to be on Mondays. I'll have to do something about that. Fuel played like a madman, taking Lucko's ATC philosophy to an extreme. J7o? Really? He made some claims against 2:1 money and 60/40 giving him the right odds, but I think I saw him fold about twice in the final table. That said, he came in 2nd, and he's been in the zone for a while now. Guess it's time I started doing some math again.

Wheatie tonight, 1st place or not!

2 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Fun playing with you last night man, sorry you keep bubbling here. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get on the moneyboard sooner rather than later. Personally I think the lack of pocket Aces is what did you in last night, as you probably have grown accustomed to that sort of thing over the past several months in blogger tournaments ;).

In any event, good point about Fuel -- I was loving the ongoing commentary about pot odds. I just love when people call with terrible hands just because they're on a big stack. And I mean that -- as a player in these games, I love it. Fuel woulda never lost last night if not for being so call-happy. I love it!

Astin said...

Always a good time on Mondays, even when I don't see rockets even once. :) Actually, I don't think I saw a pair of aces at all, pocket or otherwise.

I'll take a big stack giving away his chips any day of the week. I just have to maximize how many come to me.