Monday, May 28, 2007

26K of Fun

This isn't bad:


But it could have been SO much better.


I actually had more than that, and held on to first for a while. Bounced among the top 3, and then got KILLED when an AJo turned into a straight draw on the turn, and filled it on the river when my 3rd queen showed up. 2nd to bottom 5 in one hand. No Q saved me when I went all-in with AKo and met rockets next to me. JJT flop, but alas, no lady to be found.

Saw quad tens too.


But that was earlier on. A reverse Hoy overbet for value on the river ALMOST worked, but the man with AJ just couldn't call my huge bet. Ah well.

Found myself with Julius_Goat (who had previously railed me with Hoy) at my last table for a decent amount of time. He went from being a little stack between the monsters (me and 2nd place) to outlasting us both. Good job. Once he got some chips, he ramped up his game and became a danger on my right. Here's hoping he takes it down. He's 13th of 27 as I write this. Good luck!

And thanks to pushmonkey72 for reminding me about the 26k. If I'd made the final table, I was paying for your buy-in :). Ran into him in the $75 token frenzy (got that one)... 88 runners and I get dropped down on his left immediately. Quite the night for bloggers.

3 comments:

Julius_Goat said...

That was five different flavers of fun, Astin. You played better than 41st place, and you wouldn't believe the sorts of plays I saw even to the final table.

Bloggers, baby. ReSPECT the bloggers.

lightning36 said...

Great job, Astin.

Anonymous said...

I watched for a while after i got knocked out, very nice run, very nice playing. To bad you didn't make the FT, I need the buy-in ;-)