Thursday, June 04, 2009

Whoops

Is it post-BBT (forever) burnout? Trailing flu recovery? Or just summer rolling in? For some reason, I've followed a similar pattern this week. Get a good night's sleep, go to work, come home, and fall asleep for a few hours before getting up, throwing together some dinner (or cleaning up after the dinner I had before passing out), and then puttering around for an hour before going back to bed.

I had planned to play The Mookie last night, I swear! But by the time I pulled my ass out of bed, it was 10:30 and I hadn't had anything to eat yet. Nor had the cats, who had surprisingly not destroyed my place in retribution. So I whipped up a sweet PB & J (which had been the plan from mid-afternoon onwards), and decided to make some lemonade. This took me through the Dookie late-reg, so I said screw it and played Assassin's Creed instead.

That PB & J was so good, I may repeat it tonight. Or maybe I'll bring it up a few levels. Multiple types of jam, some honey with the PB, or some hot sauce. Or both. Triple decker time. Or I'll add some homemade marshmallow crème. I mean, I have a loaf of mass-produced white bread to get through people!

Right now, I wish I'd brought some of that lemonade to work with me.

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Mookie was fun. I also enjoyed the spaghetti the Mrs made for supper. I did take a nap during the Mookie. Thankfully, I did not snore on air with the BDR crew, but a cat nap did help :-)