Monday, June 09, 2008

C'est Fini

For the first time in 3 months, the sun crested over the horizon without the pall of the BBT3 joining it. It's done and over with.

Don't get me wrong, I love the BBT nearly as much as Hoy. I think they're a fantastic way to force people to raise their game and actually consider their play. With the TOC format as it is now, it means there's more than $11 on the line if you lose.

But man, does 55 tournaments take it out of you. I played only the MATH last week and it was a relief. Now, with the TOC and Freeroll out of the way, there will hopefully be a long break before this pressure ramps up again. Will there be another Aussie Millions run? Or will we wait until the WSOP gears start turning again? Regardless, I'm actually looking forward to the increased donkosity now that the pressure's off.

My stats were up last week, and I did pretty well once again. I was hoping for a few more deep runs for the fishcakes bet, but I'll take the profit I made on this round any day.

A big thanks to Hoy, Don, Chad, Mookie, Riggstad and of course, the man himself - Al. It's dumbfounding how much time and money were put into this endeavour of yours.

Congrats to Loretta8, Pokerfool, Katiemother, Oosssuuu754, TuscaloosaJohn, Waffles, and Lightning36 for taking down the various WSOP pacakges. Just visit Al's blog for all their links. I hope everyone makes it out to an event to represent our silly little group.

No comments: