Monday, June 02, 2008

A Lengthy Weekend

I expect to be recovered by... umm... 2 weeks Wednesday.

One of my best friends got married this weekend. I was a groomsman. This entailed:

Friday - Rehearsal, rehearsal dinner (grilled salmon on lentils), back to my place for drinking and guitar hero with the groom's party (stag was a few weeks ago in Niagara).

Saturday - Meet up for breakfast (eggs benedict with side of sausage), photos, pre-wedding drinks. Get to church, seat a near-full house, go participate in the "short" Anglican ceremony (45min or so). More photos, reception, dinner (arctic char), dancing.

Sunday - Up again, brunch at the newly-married couple's home (down the hall from me). Very tired. Get home, hang with best friend, take nap, wake up, order dinner (lobster-stuffed ravioli), make a warm mushroom salad (cremini, oyster and shittake sauteed in butter and olive oil, with salt, pepper, garlic, and sundried tomatoes, tossed in olive oil and 10 year-aged balsamic). Fire up The Big Game. 4 1/2 hours later get knocked out in 3rd. Rail until the bitter end, and then do dishes, chores, and hit the hay around 3:30am.

Today - Alarms going at 7:30. Strangely awake.

Lack of sleep is now catching up though.

I'll assume MATH is once again on tonight. The first NON-BBT MATH in 3 months. I expect a turnout of 12 people. I may very well be there, and it would be my only blogger game of the week (with perhaps the exception of the Donkament on Friday), until the TOC on Saturday and Freeroll on Sunday. Both of which will be shoe-horned around other planned events.

Man, blogger events are going to seem small after all this.

No comments: