Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sinking In

Tonight is packing night. Tomorrow morning I will spring out of bed at the crack of dawn with great exuberance. Or I'll slog my way through a morning routine and shove the remaining necessities in my suitcase before heading to the airport.

Whatever I'm feeling as I leave, I know what I'll be feeling when I touch down.

Elvis will be blaring through my mind (Vivaaaaa... vivaaaaaa....), because he always does when I get ready to go to the land of lost wages. I'll look out and see the Luxor, Mandalay Bay, and the MGM, and crack a huge smile. If I'm remotely lucky, my bag will come down that belt quickly and I'll catch the first shuttle to the car rentals. I love Las Vegas. 48 hours will be the shortest amount of time I've spent there, but I hope to make the most of it.

I can't wait to see everyone who'll be there. Now to go downstairs and ask for some US pesos.

Bright light city gonna set my soul...

No comments: