Friday, September 28, 2007

B Minus 1

Last night was a bit of a bust. I went out for "one" drink after work, which became 2, which could have become many, many more, but I pulled myself away because I had shit to do. I checked out a couple restaurants and wandered home, where I promptly fell asleep in front of the Jays game for 2 hours or so. I woke up at 10:30, forced myself up and proceeded to get nothing of significance accomplished and went back to bed at 3:45am, alarms set for 8.

Par for the course really.

In my avoidance of doing things that need doing, I logged hours mindlessly playing Peggle, and lost a few bucks playing poker. One $6 Turbo SnG that made me just want to leave. I flop trip 7's and a J between them in position. Donk bets half his stack and I call. Turn is a brick, he goes all-in and I call. He flips over AJo. What a maroon. I'm laughing for about 2 seconds when the J comes on the river giving him Jacks full over my sevens full. Grrr. Still alive though.

Push all-in with 99 to get called by AQo and a flop of xAQ sends me out. I get it, coinflip, but why is it always TWO PAIR? Isn't the ace alone enough to break my heart?

Everything's pretty much in order. I just need to clean a bit and stock a bit and I'll be good.


1 day left. That would mean tomorrow.

No comments: