Thursday, September 27, 2007

An Idea...

One of my favourite concepts for an superhero underwear pervert is the basis of Man-Man. A janitor is bitten by a radioactive man, thereby gaining the proportional strength and abilities of... a normal man! Brilliant.

Then the Bionic Woman remake premiered last night. I forgot to watch it, but I've heard standard pilot-gripes. This got me thinking of other comic heroes and the like.

Spider-man has the proportional strength and agility of a spider.

Bravestarr (remember him anyone?) had eyes of the hawk, ears of the wolf, strength of the bear, speed of the puma. Yah, it was kind of lame. (I have avoided going into a huge "cartoons of the 80's" tangent here)

And then I thought about the fact I'm in the middle of a minor ant infestation (on the 7th floor? wtf?), of really tiny ants.

So I was thinking, why not a hero with the strength if an ant? Jumping power of a flea? Speed of a mosquito, etc.? Notice... I didn't say anything about PROPORTIONAL abilities. No, I mean the actual 1:1 strength of an ant. A hero unable to lift anything heavier than a grain of rice, can jump inches off the ground, etc..

Okay, so it could't be stretched out into more than a Robot Chicken sketch. So what? Wanna fight about it?




Still 2 days to go.

No comments: