Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Twofer

Last night's dinner:

The sauce.


The veggies, very colourful.


Mmmmmm... bacon.


Pile it on baby!


Tonight's dinner was crustless quiche, taken from The Minimalist (Mark Bittman) at the NY Times, heavily altered. Watch the video, it's a simple recipe, but worth the 4 minutes of view time.

I changed the cheese to 1/4 cup parmesan, and the other 3/4 split between old cheddar and feta. I fried up and added some bacon and prosciutto; sautéed mushrooms; sautéed yellow onion, broccoli, and zucchini; oregano, basil, and garlic powder.

Oh, and used half whipping cream and half 1% milk. I forgot to heat the cream first, but that just meant I needed to bake them a bit longer.

Made 7 of 'em in a muffin pan. I lack ramekins.


Looks busy.


Tasty.


Toasty.


Yah, good all the way through.


Of course, I wanted something to drink. Seeing as I bought strawberries yesterday, they came into play. Fresh strawberries, blueberry-cranberry juice, orange juice, and raspberry yogurt. Introduce all of the above to an immersion blender.



All together.


I have leftovers from both nights.

And I'm currently in 2nd in The Mookie, with Aces 3 times, kings once, AK once or twice, and 99 about 4 times. Amazing what a good meal can do.

*Edit: Needed a better meal. Out 17th for a $0.90 loss. Bah. One possibly bad fold, and two lost races will do that I suppose.

No comments: