Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Client Changes

Tao's 5th was my first time on Poker Stars in a few weeks. This necessitated a double upgrade of the client software. My reactions:

Wha? It's black now?
Hey! New themes!
What's this red button? Oooo! A USEFUL hand replay option!

"Now if only they'd improve the chatbox... it'd be Full Tilt I guess. With a better bet slider." <- Me, 9:29:45 in the Tao 5th.

"OMG! FT finally fixed their slider!" <- Me, 15 seconds later in the Skill Game when the slider config popped up on Full Tilt.

I like the changes. Especially the slider on FT and replay option on Stars. In fact, the clients are so close together now in functionality, it got me wondering if they'd ever merge to make a super-mega site! Nothing like lack of competition in an unregulated business.

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I just wish Stars would add the pre size bet buttons like Full Tilt has. There's something magical about hitting "Pot, Max and Min". I could just be a idiot donkey that thinks there is enough math in poker.

Unknown said...

"In fact, the clients are so close together now in functionality, it got me wondering if they'd ever merge to make a super-mega site!"

My exact thought.


-Champ