Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ol' Kentucky

Anybody read this guy? He's been linking to some articles about Kentucky comandeering domain names of online gambling sites. LOTS of them.

How could a state claim control over internationally held domain names? How can it have control over any for that matter?

Ah Kentucky, you should be proud of your state government and courts that just continue the stereotype of your state being a backwater hole of stupidity with a good horse race.

The rhetoric is what really gets me, and the blatant "I don't care about the rest of the world, just Kentucky" attitude. Give me a fucking break, you're just protecting local gambling interests.

Sigh. I think I'll need a drink or two this weekend. I wonder if they'll even let me across the border...

No comments: