Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fuckin' Bell

So I'm looking over my cell bill the other day. I usually have a higher bill than the base cost due to random long distance calls, web use (no data plan), excessive texts (Vegas), etc... but I did nothing out-of-the-ordinary since my last bill. $64.

This didn't sit right. I mean, I'm supposed to be a $20/month plan + stupid fucking access fee + taxes. So $40 or less.

I examine more closely. I'm on a fucking $25/month plan, and am being charged for call display and voicemail express. WTF? Those two are supposed to be included.

I upgraded my phone last year, and made it clear I wanted the same plan. I was told my plan didn't exist any more, but they had a comparable one that was actually better (free evenings and weekends included). Great! I made sure it was comparable with no fucking catches like "good for 3 months". Then he entered the wrong plan. I corrected him, he called front office, they switched it to the right one. Super.

Now I find out I've paid Bell $200 extra over the last year. Fuck 'em. I call billing and am told that the reason that happened was because the plan I was signed up on wasn't actually available to me, so they switched me. WTF? I asked, "shouldn't I have been informed of this?" Because I wouldn't have upgraded my damned phone if I had know that. "Oh, well we did this because you'd have been charged per call otherwise." Give me a fucking break.

So I asked, "can I get off this plan?" And out came the spiel about all great (read: shitty) plans they have. Meanwhile, I'm back on my corporate site checking out the plans available there... so much better than the crap being offered.

For the same base price ($25), I'd get free call display and voicemail, unlimited text, and overcharges that are a FRACTION of the regular price. I'm fucking pissed.

Yah, I should have caught this MUCH earlier, but not even an apology. It's not the fucking plan I signed up for.

So now I'm escalating by calling my contacts in the company and skipping past the bullshit to someone who actually knows what the hell customer service is. If they can't help me, I'll see how much their competition wants me.

A shame I found out now, when the bill is due on Monday and I'll be building up one hell of a cost over the weekend in text messages.

No comments: