Friday, December 21, 2007

Not Food!

So there was some kind of poker tournament last night. I made the fatal mistake of playing the freeroll. I figured it would be a good little warmup to get the donkey out before the TOC. Little did I know that the horseshoe up my arse would mistake the freeroll for the important game. Aces, flops and turns caught with ridiculous cards... it's like I was Astin or something. Oh, wait... that explains it.

Then the TOC started and my focus shifted off the freeroll entirely. Meaning I was getting timed out, missing hands, and generally not caring. My stack in the freeroll kept dropping and I eventually just donked myself out to close it. Kind of a shame since I was kicking ass before that.

The TOC structure was great. Tons of small blinds, and an ante that didn't kick in until almost the 2nd hour. 3000 starting chips. My plan was easy enough. Play tight to start, and see flops with either premium or drawing hands. Problem was, with Fuel, Chad, and XxMagicianxX at my table, the aggression and randomness of played hands was up. Turns out PirateLawyer is a touch aggro too. So I folded... a lot. If I did get into a hand, I was quick to toss anything that didn't catch, unless weakness was being show. Problem was, if I HAD a hand and bet, I got nothing. If I was trying to take down a pot with air, I got raised. It ended up dwindling my stack slowly but surely. After the first break I was down to an M of 7 and that quickly became a 5. I finally got all-in (about 800 chips if I recall) with KQc vs PirateLawyer's jackace. A on the flop but no JT runner-runner to save my ass, and I was out 20th. I screwed myself early on with some questionable plays and it came back to haunt me.

It was disappointing obviously, but I'd rather be 20th after an hour than this guy. Congrats to JEC II MD again for taking down not only the ToC but dominating the whole BBT II. A well-deserved victory. Now go kick some serious ass in Australia Dr. J. A great game by both guys.

In other, completely unrelated news, Mr. Splashy Pants has defeated Japan! GOOOO MR. SPLASHY PANTS!

6 comments:

Mike Maloney said...

Yeah, you got a raw deal, that table was brutal.

BWoP said...

We asked you to post pictures of food?

Fuzzy.

Astin said...

Obviously fuzzy. I guess I should talk about everything else you told me then. I'm still curious how one finds out about a birthmark in that particular location though...

Shrike said...

Enjoyed playing with you man. Boy was that a Murderer's Row of a table or what? Mitch, Fuel, Chad, you, me, etc. ...

It was unfortunate that we had to see such vicious Canadian-on-Canadian violence. :(

BWoP said...

I think it was when we were making the girl on girl pr0n at the request of certain bloggers who shall remain nameless.

Sadly, we were too drunk to remember to press "record" on the camera.

BamBam said...

Astin,

Sounds like you were forced to suffer Bam-Bam like poker last night. No wonder I ITM'd to second place in the Riverchasers last night. Tilt gave you my table and cards. THX for that !

Also,

there seems to be an EH-Cup weekend in the making over the holidays... Kat, Carson, Tart, Bankwell etc... stay tuned!