Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Vegas Recap - Day 4

Checkout was at 11, so I set an alarm for 8:45am. It went off, I was called a bastard. So be it. The pillows stayed in place on this morning. We were ready and checking out at 10:30. No line. Sweet.

Breakfast was lunch was some pizza. A bit more free slot redemption and a consistent winning slots session at PH was a welcome change. I cashed out, got my small cashback (7o pts = $1400 bet on slots = 2 free buffets or $11 back). No, I didn't put $1400 into machines, I just played that much. I suppose if I cashed out after every win, I'd be in better shape, but I tend to play down to a certain number. A little roulette was also played and then it was time to drop off another friend at the airport.

After saying goodbye, the remaining two of us went downtown. Why? My friend had never been to Vegas before, and wanted to see Binion's. So be it, we went. I spent more on slots (loosest slots in town my ass), we looked around Fremont, and made our way back to the IP in time for the late game. Tragedy, Don, Scott, Waffles, Love Elf, Bayne, Zeem, and Buddy were still kicking around and I stuck around for the 1st quarter before heading off to Caesar's to see Fuel and LJ before calling it quits.

Fuel and LJ were playing a little 2-5, but weren't doing dinner until it would be too late for us. So I railed a bit before saying goodbye. A quick dinner at the Carnegie Deli (soooo much food) and we were done. We strolled back to the IP to get the car and passed Tragedy waiting for his now late shuttle. A ride was offered and accepted and we all made it to the airport and, eventually, home.

All-in-all, it was a good trip. I ended up down, but still had money left in my wallet. Most of my losses were in craps and poker, although after tallying everything, I could have plugged the slots hole a bit more I think.

If I forgot anybody, please don't take it personally. I know there's a lot of names repeated in these, but that's because it's who I ran into again and again. I think our "little" group is full of some great people, and I couldn't be happier to be a part of it. I'm there in June for sure.

But I think next time I'll be coming solo again. I love my friends, but I hate feeling torn between two groups. I didn't spend NEARLY enough time with you guys, didn't play enough poker, and every meal was with those with whom I came. I would have loved to have spent more time with everybody. I wanted to play craps with Bayne, 2-5 with Fuel, do dinner with CK, and Kat, hang out with LJ, sit and chat with Tragedy, and raise a few more drinks with Iggy and Al and Pauly. I never met Tripjax. Hell, there's a dozen more people I would have loved to have done something more with but didn't get the chance. So in June, I'm either coming by myself, or with someone who plays poker seriously enough that they'll gladly come hang out with my imaginary Internet degenerate friends.

If you're one of those people who almost came this time but didn't - you missed out. Don't make the same mistake again in June.

3 comments:

BWoP said...

It was great to meet you. I wish we could have hung out more as well . . . I can say that about a lot of people this trip.

It was also nice to play with your friend N. He was a really nice guy.

Unknown said...

Yet you couldn't show up when I was in Vegas ;p

Ignatious said...

next time, astin, next time. :)

great writeups.