Thursday, November 06, 2008

Go West Young Man

I'm heading to the folks' place tonight to bid adieu to my youngest brother (8 years my junior) as he heads off to Whistler for the winter to work. It's his first time moving away, and of course he makes it just about as far as possible while staying in the country. Now, he's in his early 20's, so it's not like I'm worried he won't be able to take care of himself, but it will still be weird knowing he's on the far coast.

I imagine my mom will miss him... I hear it's tough when the baby moves away. That said, it's not like it's difficult to make it out that way. I imagine this will result in an increase in phone calls from mom. It does give me one hell of an excuse to plan a ski trip this winter. I've never been to Whistler in the winter, I think I'm missing out.

4 comments:

BWoP said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Whistler!

Shrike said...

So, I ski at Whistler every winter, as much as possible. Keep me posted if you head out this way.

-PL

Schaubs said...

Screw skiing, let's play poker!!

fit it in!

You got my #, use it.

Shrike said...

Skiing and poker are not mutually exclusive.

-PL