Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Tarnish on a Brighter Tomorrow

Soon, all will be right with the world, for last night something momentous happened. Last night, a decision was made that will change the world for the better. Dark days will soon be behind us and we can embrace a better future. For now, the old is still in place, but the change to the new will be upon us sooner than we realize.

That's right, I bought a replacement for my router! For the time being, I've got my old SMC 802.11b set back up (which was painless), but I'm pretty sure my beautiful D-Link Xtreme N is a brick. Luckily, it was on sale at Best Buy, so I've purchased it. If it turns out my existing one can be saved, then a return is trivial.

I'm probably still covered on warranty (at the very least the credit card extended one), but I'll be damned if I know where the receipt is to prove when I bought the thing. Then again, if it only came out last year, how could I have had it longer than that? Hmmm... I may have to explore this further.

Oh, and there was an election in some minor, unimportant country last night. I think it's new, as the name is kind of slipshod. United States of America? Sounds like an insurance company. The old dude lost. Congratulations on democracy!

No comments: