Friday, November 28, 2008

No Wonder Americans Are Fat

So I went to a regularly great restaurant in Toronto last night - Southern Accent. Tasty cajun/creole place that I've been to a few times without ever being disappointed.

Last night's special? Turducken with 3 stuffings (cornbread, oyster, andouille), boubon and Grand Marnier yam gravy, gruyère brussel sprouts gratinée, cranberry citrus compote, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

Add some red lentil soup as an appetizer and crème brûlée for dessert and I was stuffed afterwards. The bourbon sours were good too.

Hope your Thanksgiving dinner was just as tasty.

-----

In other news, my connection at home is still wonky. I borrowed a friend's laptop and that works just fine, so there has to be some interference between my router and PC. Moving the router a couple feet closer helped a bit, but it totally throws off my kitchen. I guess I'll just have to go warwalking and find out who the hell set up a wireless network to interfere with mine and kill them... or wrap their place foil.

No comments: