Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Wonder How I'd Do With 100%

Monday night PPI/Riverchasers BBT4 game. I don't think that sentence makes any sense in the real world. Then again, it lacks any sort of verb, so it's not even a sentence. This sentence no verb too.

Anyway, action words aside, I finished 5th in the game, for my first cash in this series, and my 3rd points hit. I got slapped in the face with the deck early, with KK twice, AA, and a flush, a straight, and AK at least once before the first break.

It died down a bit after that, but I still saw QQ a couple times, and folded JJ preflop after I pot-raised a raiser and two callers before me, only to see nzgreen come over the top all-in with significantly more chips than I had left. Then I was accused of making a move, like I ever bluff.

In the end, my QTh went down to and 89o that flopped the damned straight, and of course, for the first time in the history of poker, the flopped straight won.

During the 3+ hours of play, I made a pie crust, did two loads of laundry, washed dishes, watched The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, and generally gave about 40% of my attention to things other than the game. I wonder if 100% would have helped or hindered me.

1 comment:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Stop making moves with JJ. I was set mining with a smaller pp. No asian jokes please. :D

(you obv knew we're effin around in chat, right?)