Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can I Call It?

98 Runners. I went out 48th. Smack dab in the middle as predicted.

For no good reason.

Scotty puts forth a standard raise UTG. Breeze pushes. I have QQ and come over the top all-in to squeeze out Scotty.

Scott calls with AA. Breeze has AQ. I have them both covered, but Scott only by 145 chips.

I don't improve.

Thing is, when Scott raised, I thought "Hmm... how do I play this? I think he's strong, but is it Aces strong?" I debated just calling Scott and pressing on the flop. I thought about re-raising to see how strong he was. I wasn't sure how I wanted to play it.

Then Breeze pushed, I figured him on a strong Ace, and I completely discounted Scott's holdings and focused on Breeze. I pushed to isolate, and it obviously backfired. Lost focus.

For what it's worth, I would have lost to Breeze anyway (turned A... because there's 12 of them in the deck), but this is the first ousting from a BBT4 event where I regret the hand that killed me.

Luckily, there are no more events until Sunday, and I won't be playing until Monday. Unless Eh-Vegas fizzles out by 4pm on Sunday... not gonna happen.

No comments: