Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Searching for Identity

I'm on a mission, and this may actually be one I see through. In fact, I fear discussing it in much depth in a public forum, as right now, despite my history of laziness, procrastination, and total lack of ambition, I can't help but think I may try and see where this goes in the long run. Oh, it's food related.

I want to celebrate my city and bring something to it that it is still severely lacking (although in an arena that is slowly expanding and improving). The fact it's missing from this humble town of 3 million people is shocking, since so many of its residents are devotees already.

My first attempt was last night, and I think it went rather well.

It's a shame Eh-Vegas already happened, otherwise I'd use it as a source of guinea pigs. Maybe there needs to be Eh-Vegas '09 Part II in the summer...

4 comments:

Katitude said...

Oh, I think we could do that. Other than Okie and 3 weeks to NFLD, I have 9 weeks with not much to do.

I think we could def. round up enough guinea pigs if we mentioned you were cooking *grin.

OhCaptain said...

My passport is still ready to go. It will only take me a couple minutes to pack a bag...just say when.

KenP said...

Had a recent feature on the local TV. Seems budding chefs are doing dinners for about a dozen with a fixed menu. They advertise it on the Internet. Gather they make a nice buck off them.

Unknown said...

Astin's Place...

I like it!