Monday, October 01, 2007

A Task Is Set

Well, the birthday was fun. I think. I seem to recall most people having a good time. I also seem to recall rarely having either hand free as there were too many people buying me drinks to go one at a time. I lost count after 8 (which as about 30 minutes after leaving the dock for a 3 hour tour). I started mingling... but that dwindled after mingling over to one person and her friends. Whoops, I guess it's a combination of me being a bad host and everyone else being good friends who know better than to interrupt those conversations. Of course, once I sobered up the next day, I felt bad that I didn't spend more time chatting with everyone. Bad me.

I think that will be it for the big birthday productions. I did large gatherings throughout my twenties and now it's done. Next one will be 40... maybe something at 35. That's not to say I won't celebrate, but I just won't put forth the effort required to bring everyone together. Especially with the various threads of drama and conflict that weave through my parties and circles of friends. I'll save that for New Years ;).

Anyway, it's time for some sort of birthday resolution I guess. So here it is:

I intend to play and finish every video game I've got sitting on my shelf.

Don't let it be said I don't make sacrifices. I mean, I have a Wii, Gamecube, DS, and computer, and I don't think I've finished a game in years. I just buy new ones, play a few levels, and then go back to playing poker or wasting time. I should finish these bad boys. Yup. There it is.

After that, I'll start working on my DVD collection.

What? Like I'd start exercising or something? Please.

No comments: