Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday Already?

I heard a rumour that there was a weekend recently.

Friday was spent on the Donkament and with a few drinks:

- Sweetened Key Lime Juice, Navan, Tanquery Ten, Creme de Cacao = Tasty

This started as an attempt to approximate Key Lime pie, but I lack any sort of graham cracker-flavoured liquid. Also, Bailey's curdles as expected.

- Orange vodka, Grand Marnier, Peach Schnapps, Apricot Brandy = Okay

A bit harsh, but drinkable. I think too much went into it.

- Strawberry Vodka, Creme de Cacao, Navan, Fragoli = Tasty

Neopolitan flavours = Neopolitan Martini. If only they were coloured and layered. Still, very tasty.

Saturday was where 4 hours of shopping became 8. That said, my freezer is packed and my fridge is well-stocked again. I also have a few more toys in my kitchen. I did manage to make it to a buddy's 30th about 4 or 5 hours later than planned, and stuck around until it broke up 2 1/2 hours later. Apparently my friends are getting old as I haven't seen a party go past 1:30am in months. Laaaame. Also, THREE babies present, and plenty of mommy talk going on made for all the single guys looking for the bar.

Sunday went about as planned - woke up around noon, set the clock back an hour and slept some more. Got up, ate breakfast around 1:30, vegged, played poker, watched TV (finally saw I, Robot - uh... yah), took a nap, played video games, did laundry, made dinner around 10pm (grilled dry-rubbed (garlic, salt, black pepper, chili powder, cayenne, ground coriander seed, ground lemongrass and habanero powder) Tilapia with perfectly steamed zucchini and broccoli, and some leftover scalloped potatoes (with broccoli, bacon, 3 cheeses and cream)), geeked, and went to bed. Somedays you need to lock out the world.

Poker was a bust all weekend. Couldn't win a thing. Due in large part to me sucking and not really paying attention.

MATH is tonight - I've final-tabled the last two, so I'm due to Gigli tonight no doubt. Will we see 82 runners again? More? Less? Who knows! 20 chances left in BBT II.

No comments: