Thursday, November 08, 2007

What's For Dinner?

I'm full from eating leftover Halloween chocolate (aren't I supposed to try and LOSE weight before Vegas?), but will still need to eat something for dinner. I will now write until I figure it out.

This week has already had:

Dry-rubbed Tilapia, steamed broccoli and zucchini, scalloped potatoes.

An unbelievably tender rib-eye steak, steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, garlic and onions. I smoked up my kitchen good on this one, and didn't use enough pepper.

Turkey soup, and random snacking (elk pepperette, applewood smoked cheddar, frozen mini pizza bagels)

Oriental spicy chicken breast, lemongrass rice, and sauteed broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and onions.

Lunch today was beef barley soup and a fruit salad.

I'm leaning to more turkey soup (finish off another jar) and a salad (I've got a bunch of veggies I should use). With a smoothie for dessert. I mean, I bought a banana specifically for that, and I have all kinds of frozen fruit that should be used. But part of me just wants to toss a frozen dinner or hot pocket thing into the microwave and call it a day.

Naw, it'll be the salad. I have all those peppers, tomatoes, avocados, green onions, cheese, corn, cucumber, lettuce, and a door full of dressings to use. Or do I make my own? That 10-year aged balsamic vinegar and some blood orange olive oil would be tasty. Soup's still up for debate. Although at 2 degrees C (35 F for you yanks), and a rain/snow mix, soup isn't a bad idea.

Then the smoothie. Banana, raspberry, peach? Or Strawberry in the mix? Or all 4?

Then something caffeinated before the Riverchasers kicks off. Maybe tea... or maybe I'll get around to roasting some fresh coffee.

What? I can't mix up new drinks every night.

No comments: