Saturday, June 23, 2007

1e3 x Word = Picture

Let's face it, burgers are tasty. Elk burgers? Even tastier. Damn were these good. Pretty much exactly what I said in the earlier post.

I'll assume you can make a burger. But here's a couple things that needed doing.

Garlic Aioli (cribbed from Emeril)

3 large cloves of garlic (I'd drop to 2 next time), diced.
1 large egg
1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup of olive oil
Salt
Fresh ground pepper (2 or 3 turns)

Blend the garlic, egg, juice, salt and pepper together (I used an immersion blender) to puree. Slowly drizzle the oil into the puree while continuing to blend until a thick emulsion forms. Done.


Carmelized Red Onions

Olive oil and butter in a non-stick pan, heat on medium. Toss in onions. Cook until soft and browned (~30 minutes). Remove from heat, add some balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.

The rest is easy. I can't suggest getting some elk meat enough. It's lean, clean, and incredible.

And I have to say thanks to my friend who was over. I suggested dill, garlic, salt and pepper for the sweet potato fries, and she suggested adding smoked paprika and ground coriander seed. The paprika made a huge difference in making them awesome.

Picture time.

Carmelized red onions. Soooo good.


Dualing burgers. Damn I'm punny.


Piled high.


What? Two plates?


Now I'm hungry.

1 comment:

Irongirl01 said...

I read the comments where someone said you need a wife.. Your right they need you!!..So I hope you dont mind that I put a plug in for you in my recent blog post...

Bon Appetit and Salut

IG

PS.. Deep Stack tourney in August at Turning Stone as part of the Empire State Poker Classic....Im definitely thinking of doing at least one of the tourneys there.