Monday, June 11, 2007

All Good Things...

Before anything else - HOLY SHIT CONGRATULATIONS LJ!!! 97th of 1200 in the WSOP Ladies Event! For those who haven't figured it out - that's IN THE MONEY! I'm so happy for you. :)

I can't wait to hear how it all went after I left to catch my flight. Considering she was originally going to try and satellite in on Friday, but instead won her buy-in playing cash at the MGM, and that she is needlessly unsure about her game, this is even MORE amazing. Way to go! When I was there, she was playing a great aggressive game and the rest of her table stayed out of her way.

I hope she didn't listen to a thing Don and I told her during the dinner break and played her own game, since it got her to that point pretty well.

That totally perked me up from the Vegas/flight hangover.

Congrats to Hoy as well for cashing in the Short Handed NLHE event as well. Bloggers REPRESENT! There isn't much I can say about Hoy that isn't already known. But wow, 2.5 hour bubble... and I thought the Mookie was bad. :)

I'll get a full trip update on here after I've grabbed a bit more shut-eye.

Short version - Everyone is awesome, I almost didn't make the flight out, and I have $5 left in my wallet. Now THAT'S bankroll management :).

**EDIT (about 5 min after I posted) - Just spoke to her, after 4 1/2 hours of drinking her bitterness away at the Hooker bar. Shitty way to go out, but I think I'd have done the same thing. I won't take away her story though, she can post that herself.

No comments: