Friday, June 01, 2007

So Close

Well, I was almost right. Not Gigli, but out about 5th last in the Riverchasers. Mostly my fault I'm sure. In most games, I'd think that some aggressive play into Princeharibo's BB check that ended up with a weak fold by me on the river ace skewed my table image. But since I was called down by people with cards worse than mine after a pre-flop raise, and they caught what they needed to beat me, and I had no idea who they were, leans me more towards being a victim of an attack of the killer donkeys... which I hear is common in the Riverchasers. Really people, JTo in MP is NOT a great hand when faced with a pre-flop raise and a bet on a Q-high drawing flop.

Or maybe I'm just shifting the blame. I know I made mistakes, but they were when I was short-stacked. Hell, I went out with a pathetic all-in re-raise (didn't even cover a min-raise at that point) with middle pair, shitty kicker heads-up.... right into a flopped straight. Regardless, possibly my wost bit of poker in a looooong time. I'm trusting my reads, and it's usually paying off, but it's also costing me when people are catching what they need to beat me.

So I took my rock-bottom play and bad swing of luck, and decided to do something about my Stars bankroll. Jumped into a $12 Turbo 45-man SnG determined to win the thing, and did just that. Quad 9s, winning just about every single race, and getting live cards to catch certainly helped. I went into the final table the chipleader, and went heads-up with 5x the chips of my opponent. I had also knocked out at least 7 players. One might say I was dominating. I definitely had luck on my side, but I think I was able to turn that into some respect, since people let me get away with all sorts of crap when they shouldn't have (ie.- I'm a HUGE stack on the button and they have an M < 2 and fold to any raise from me when they're in BB+2 down to the button). It was a $12 Turbo, I expected more donkish play towards the end. I guess when you have more than 3x the rest of the table's combined chips, it strikes a bit of fear in 'em.

Tripling my Stars roll (yah, it was that low) ended the night on a high note. Now if I can get the 7 or 8 things I need to get done by tomorrow done, I'll be happy.

Kat's donkament tonight?

3 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Dude the number one rule of Riverchasers: DO NOT BLUFF. No fucking way. Ever. C-Bet? NO! NONONONO! Semi-Bluff? NOOOO! Push all in pre- with a semi-good hand!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Riverchasers is no foldem holdem at it's best and you just have to wait it out.

Astin said...

A lesson learned the hard way. I've barely played the Riverchasers games, but now I know, and will use this knowledge to crush my enemies.

SirFWALGMan said...

I have scored a first and third in my last 3.. It works! heh. I do not recommend this for every MTT.