Friday, June 15, 2007

Roid Rage

Part of my glorious interaction with walnuts the other day is that I was prescribed a healthy dose of Prednisone for 4 days on a tapering dosage. Steroids aren't fun. I've only been hospitalized once before for the nut allergy (generally, symptoms are mild), and they prescribed them then as well. I didn't take them, because I don't like medicating. This time I figured it was better safe than sorry.

There are 4 days of the year where I really need to be on top of my game at work. Today is one of those days, and I'm fucking antsy, twitchy, and unable to focus because of these little bastards.

On the plus side, they're doing wonders for my skin. Just nobody sneeze at me until Sunday. Yay immunosuppressant corticosteroids!

4 comments:

Fuel55 said...

I thought you looked a little brawnier in vegas ...

lj said...

dude, that sucks. meanwhile, i just read the description of your blog and laughed and laughed.

Astin said...

Fuel - naw, that was just fat. I'm on the Iak workout regimen. I can only assume blogging is detrimental to one's physical fitness.

LJ - I'm glad somebody other than me likes it. Not that I'm discontent with just amusing myself. :)

CarmenSinCity said...

I don't know what those drugs are - steroids? Hmmmm - the last thing I need is to get bigger and plus, I only take drugs if they are going to make me feel really good - or at least make me puke or something fun like that!