Thursday, July 12, 2007

Time Delay

The plan had originally been to cook a real meal (I was leaning towards very lightly seasoned (ie.- coarse salt, fresh pepper, and maybe some garlic) tri-tip sirloin, some sort of potato, and vegetables. A very basic, literally meat-and-potatoes meal. Then I was going to satellite into the fifty-fifty and 26k and win them both while steamrolling the Riverchasers. What? Fine... play them both, but I was still going to own that drunken calling-station congregation.

But now I'll be out for most of the night, so that will all have to be put of to tomorrow. Since I haven't seen a free Friday in months, I have my doubts that will hold up either. That said, I really would like to play in another Donkament. It's probably for the best as staying up tonight until I win the big dailies would mean not much sleep for work the following day.

--------

I listened a bit to Bush (all hail the mighty Americun leedur!) "talk" about the Iraq war today. The reporters were trying their best to ask "tough" questions, and he was avoiding, lying, and passing the buck like a pro. I really do admire this administration's ability to bamboozle and flummox its critics. The dems are such panty-waists that even now that they HAVE power they don't do anything of substance. An entire country, slowly being destroyed by apathy and special interest.

Anyway, everything out of this guy's mouth, as usual, sounded unbelievably insincere, and the fact that he honestly believes that if he spews this crap with a straight face, people will accept it, is amazing to me. Of course, he's right.

The Commander-in-Chief has to listen to his Generals. Absolutely, except that you've fired every single one that told you something you didn't want to hear. Maybe Tommy Franks DID tell you he had enough men and supplies to win in Iraq. I believe at least 2 other generals said more was needed, but they were silenced and "retired". Bush is surrounded by yes men, and he's a puppet, and other than a bunch of meaningless bluster, nobody's doing anything about it.

I'll stop here before I get into the hackneyed economic changes, runaway spending, disposal of basic human rights while trumpeting freedom, disasterous foreign policy, alienation of allies, kowtowing to corporations, the religious right, and special interests, and overal arrogance and idiocy.

Seriously, has this administration done ANYTHING that's been beneficial to the citizens it supposedly represents?

And let me be clear - I'm not bashing republicans. But these neo-cons that have taken over the party aren't republicans, they're right-wing nutjobs that have no idea how to do their job and are solely concerned about being re-elected, building their power, and pulling in a pension. Same could be said about the democrats, except they have no power and have fallen so far from the days of Bubba. It's a shame that a country of 300 million can't support a 3rd, 4th, or even 5th party.

Bash me all you want, it's not like I have a clue what I'm talking about. I just know people, and there's nothing about anyone in the US political scene that doesn't make my stomach turn.

The US needs an enema to clear out all this shit.

4 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I'm done expending my energy regarding politics in this country. I'm just hoping this is one of those downturns that you inevitably go through even as a good poker player. So, even a great country like this has a slow period. That's all man. The crappy side of variance. :)

Irongirl01 said...

Im with Alan. I was a card carrying, contributing member of the DNP (Democratic National Party) until Neteller froze my funds courtesy of the US DOJ. So, when they called to get money out of me. I said You arent seeing another dime until I get my money back from neteller. I proceeded to explain to them that it wasnt just republicans responsible for this but the democrats allowed and signed for the bill to be assigned to the Port Security Act.

Irongirl01 said...

And here is a tasty little Friday recipe for you (if you like gorgonzola and arugula, good with chicken added too):

Gorgonzola Buttermilk Pasta With Arugula
Ingredients
8 ounces penne pasta
1 tablespoon salt
4 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
2 cups fresh arugula leaves, washed, dried, and torn
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts

Directions
1. Make the pasta: In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add the salt and stir in pasta until water boils again. Continue to cook 10 to 12 minutes, until done. Remove from heat and drain. Place in a large pasta bowl and set aside.

2. Dress the pasta: In a small bowl, stir together Gorgonzola, buttermilk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour over hot cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.

3. Serve the pasta: Add the arugula to the pasta, toss well, top with pine nuts, and serve immediately.

Astin said...

Sounds tasty IG. Shame that I already planned tonight's meal! It will be used soon though. Especially if the mountain of arugula I have is still good.