Friday, July 27, 2007

A Weekend of Minimal Poker?

It is conceivably possible that I will play little to no poker until Sunday night. This is shocking, I know.

But tonight I have a thrilling Friday of cleaning and tidying my place planned. There's also the matter of Just for Laughs doing a free show at the nearby Yonge and Dundas Square, featuring one of my favourite comics - Russell Peters. Him and "friends" are only scheduled for 30 minutes though, so I expect that actual material will be sparse. However, it's free and only a 10 minute walk away, so barring rain, I've got little reason NOT to go.

That said, I'll likely have everything wrapped up before late. The thing is, I have a rather large collection of books, DVDs, video games, and such that I never get around to. Hell, I just added 18 more DVDs to my collection yesterday, and there's a ton I haven't opened or seen. So I might opt to pop some corn, grab a beer, and plunk my ass down on my big comfy couch and put the carefully crafted home theatre I have to good use instead of logging on to give money away.

But the 50-50 on a Friday night is so tempting.

Saturday will be largely consumed by a housewarming/BBQ that will likely run into Sunday some time. I intend to drink and get those around me drunk. Should be a good time, even if it is out in the boondocks. At the very least, it will be interesting...

Sunday - see Saturday. Include recovery.

Hell, Monday will likely be some live poker at the club. Gasp! I'll miss a MATH? Guess that depends how I do live.

--------

Anybody else suffering from VERY predictable suckouts lately? You read the guy dead right, money is in and you're way ahead... and as soon as you see their cards, you know the runner-runner is about to fuck you over and it does. I know this happens all the time, but it seems to be happening with alarming regularity of late, often on the bubble or just in the money. Variance? Unlucky?

2 comments:

Irongirl01 said...

Have fun this weekend Astin. Im in the same situation. DVDS unwatched, books unread, housework that needs to be done. Ive kept up with my plants though.

If you Get a chance check out USA today.com the life section about the new Steak restaurants. I have visions of Bovines and red meat dancing in my head after reading the article. YUMMO.

lj said...

so you're going to be home tonight, but not playing poker? bwahahahahaha. can't wait to read how that goes. : ) comedy show sounds cool. have fun this w/e!