Friday, July 13, 2007

Toot

Ok, it was awesome. Chicken was roasted the same way as the chocolate one was last month. Seasoning was different though. I couldn't find any lemongrass, alas.

1 large clove of fresh garlic... grated on my microplane, which pretty much liquified it.
Lots of fresh grated ginger
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Hot sauce (ie.- Tabasco)
Cayenne
Coarse black pepper
ground salt
Hot ground red pepper
Chili flakes
Ground Coriander seed
Kozlik's Double C mustard
Basil
Chopped green onions

Veggies were baby bok choi, snow peas, red pepper, red onion, carrot and lots of water chestnuts. They were stir fried in an electric wok with a little sesame oil, and a mix of corn starch, water, and soy sauce. Short stir fry (until bok choi wilted), then turned off and covered to steam a bit.

The drink was pretty much as described. My pomegrante juice was past due, so I used pomegranate liquor instead. 2oz Grey Goose, 1oz Zen green tea liquor, 1/2oz golden pear liquor, and 1/2oz of Uphoria pomegranate, shaken with ice and strained. The colour is mostly due to the golden pear. Also very tasty. I suppose I should name it.

So freakin' good.


Mmm.. pan-roasted


I love water chestnuts


Such pretty colours


Oh yah, the martini!

1 comment:

lj said...

yummmmmmmmmmm. drool. drool.