Friday, March 28, 2008

How's Your Weekend Looking?

I know it's spring, because my calendar is filling up at a crazy pace. I think I've got at least one thing happening every weekend from here until June at this point.

Tonight is the Raptors-Knicks game. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I love going to just about any live sporting event. Having a crowd go apeshit when the home team scores, or booing a horrible play adds a whole new element.

Next week is the Jays home-opener, that'll be a blast.

Tomorrow I'm forcing myself up early to try and find a deal on the wine fridge I should have bought months ago. The things I do to save a buck. Then I get home, and maybe fall back asleep before meeting up with some people for a birthday drinkfest.

Sunday will likely start with a text message inviting me for dim sum, which I will oblige because it forces me to get up. Or maybe I won't... it really depends how Saturday goes.

Somewhere in all that, I want to do a couple things in the kitchen. There's food that needs eating before it goes bad after all. Plus, I want to play around with some vodka infusions. Particularly coffee, mint, and vanilla (not together, although a vanilla-mint might be nice). I'm tempted to see if cocoa can be worked in as well. I just got 1/4 lb of long vanilla beans delivered the other day, and am anxious to use them. Oh, this could become a problem...

Also, I need to find time to enjoy an absofuckinglutely fantastic chocolate cake with meringue buttercream frosting and fondant that my best friend made for me. Luckily for my ever-growing belly, it's small. Unluckily for that same belly, it's rich and delicious.

And, of course, there's The Big Game on Sunday night. It's one of my favourites in the blogger series, and I've got no plans to miss it.

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

Those of us who root for the Chicago Bulls do not like to even hear the word "basketball" mentioned anymore.

Good luck against the Knicks -- another one of the NBA jokes.

BWoP said...

I get to go to the Yankees home opener . . . which is against the Blue Jays.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Astin said...

Yah, we start off with an easy schedule... Yankess away, then Boston at home. Have I mentioned I hate being in our division? :)