Monday, February 04, 2008

Can You Spare $400 Billion?

$3.1 TRILLION.

Bush and company are morons.

Billions upon billions spent on "The War on Terror". Or perhaps more accurately "The continuation of fear in the American people." Cuts to Medicare and Medicaid when the country is crying out to fair and equitable health care. Increased military spending. Over $400 BILLION in ANNUAL deficit spending until 2010 (which just about everyone else sees as them fudging the numbers to make it look not so bad). But the $150B to "stimulate" the economy will help? Give me a break. Get your heads out of your collective asses and realize that the only way you're saving the economy is to stop flushing money down the drain. At least the roads are being fixed.

I'm not going to get into a long political rant here, especially since I'm just an obvserver from up north, but 8 years of mismanagement has a funny way of biting you in the ass. And does ANYBODY feel safer after all that money has been dumped into protecting you? I think people just feel more annoyed. Those that spout crap like "thank God for (TSA, DHS, Bush, etc.) keeping us safe" have likely never gone beyond their front porch. Let's just all be glad the shoebomber didn't have his underwear wired, and that the guys who were thinking about maybe possibly combining magic explosive liquids weren't thinking about using explosive tooth fillings.

Speaking of... can anyone explain how my obviously dangerous bottle of water is any safer being dropped into a bin full of other obviously dangerous liquids and gels?

Didn't I say I wasn't going to rant? I'll stop now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wait until someone wears explosive underwear... Then things will get interesting.

Julius_Goat said...

11 more months . . . 11 more months . . . 11 more months . . .

Here's to a kidney-stone of a president.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

"Bush and company are morons."

Gee, thanks for the insight, Mr Obvious! In 2000, I said I can't wait for '04. In '04, I said I can't wait for '08.

Damn, if I didn't love white girls so much, I woulda gone back home...

Astin said...

That's CAPTAIN obvious thank-you-very-much. Or should that be domo arigato?