Friday, February 15, 2008

Food It Up!

Okay, been a while. I just got knocked out of the Donkament after dominating performance of luckboxery. $10 rebuy to the ME starting... nowish. So I'll post about food! Note - the full-sized pics look much better. Go ahead and click.

So I have a few fillets of tilapia in my freezer. Tilapia is great as a base fish. I've used it wrapped in prosciutto with roasted red pepper, coated in spices, and now deep fried in a pretty kick-ass batter.



I changed the recipe a bit, by seasoning the dredging flour with dill weed, garlic powder, a bit of chili powder and some cayenne.



Damn good fries too. Follow the instructions in the link above.



As for the tartar sauce. Pretty simple stuff. Mayo, capers, dill relish (or pickles if you want), lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, some olive oil, a dash of hot sauce, and whatever else you want to put there. Mixed and left in the fridge while you make the rest.



That was last night. Tonight, I still had some leftover batter and flour. So I made up some onion rings. They should give these things away, it costs so little to make so many. 365ºF until golden (~3 min).



Rings ain't enough for dinner though, so I took my friend's advice and had a grilled cheese. Of course, this is me. So it was colby, 7 year-aged white cheddar, applewood smoked cheddar, and roasted garlic havarti, with double-smoked bacon and tomato.



Looks pretty good I think.



Can't forget something to dip the rings in. Chili mayo. Mayo, about 4 or 5 types of chili powders, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle hot sauce.



And just because, FRESH roasted coffee beans. By all means, compare these to whatever you buy pre-roasted. These are from over a week ago, when I roasted them up for work coffee.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And to think you were just going to bread it.

Joanada said...

I just might never leave after eating dinner there

Irongirl01 said...

Astin is there any wine or beer or anything we can pick up in the states that you are craving or desire?


Let me know you can email me at
Lchrist4@nycap.rr.com. Or Ill catch you on the girly chat soon.

lightning36 said...

I hate looking at the pictures in your posts when I am hungry!