Thursday, February 14, 2008

Missing the Mookie

"Going for drinks... coming?"

With that e-mail ended any possibility of me making the Mookie last night. Congrats to Emptyman for winning it.

So I was out for some drinks with coworkers and a now ex-coworker who is greatly missed. This led to dinner and a couple bottles of wine (Peter Franus 2005 Mourvèdre - damn tasty) at the Jamie Kennedy Wine Bar. Small dishes, very tasty. I had the braised beef poutine, lake trout with bacon and leeks in a potato chowder (a sauce-sized amount), and amaretto crème brûlée for dessert. All kinds of tasty. Although I'd say the poutine didn't really strike a poutine chord with me. It was great, but not really poutine... no curds, and more beef than gravy.

Anyway, I hiccuped my way home in a cab and watched the last 6 players finish up, just a touch sauced.

Crashed into bed, and woke up at 4:30 this morning, dry-mouthed, but feeling like I was deeeeeply asleep. I then quasi-dozed off until my alarm went off at 6:30, and I struggled with consciousness until 8ish, when I forced myself out of bed and off to work. I need to get in earlier. I have zero willpower in the morning.

Tonight could result in a food post. Tilapia, fries, salad...

No comments: